OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Friday, October 3, 2008

HOW DOES THIS KID NOT WEIGH MORE THAN SHE DOES?

Bentley had her 1 year check up appointment today and she is doing great! Here are the stats:

Height: 30 1/2" - 90% on the charts
Weight: 16 lbs. 2 oz. - below 5% on the charts

So what does that mean? I don't know. We have taken all of the tests necessary to determine what the problem might be with her weight gain and she has passed them all with flying colors. Blood tests, heart tests - everything has come back with good results. She's a happy, healthy baby - just a little on the small side. The fact that she is so tall doesn't help with the weight she does have, but we love her just the way she is! I'm just so happy that she is doing well. I did ask the doctor when I could start facing her forward in a car seat and the reaction I got was basically not for awhile. They have to be 1 year AND 20 lbs. Bentley has been averaging less than 1 lb/month so we have at least another 4 months to go. I hope it's not that long. Poor kid - that is such an exciting time, but we will get there.

Side Note: Bentley also had to get her 1 year old shots today and Taylor was so cute with her. While she was getting them, Tay stood right by me and kept saying, "It's ok Beny. Almost done. You're so brave!" And the rest of the day while they were playing Taylor would ask Bentley, "Are you ok, Beny? How's your shots?" I love that they love each other!

Here are a few of the things that I let my child eat these days on a regular basis. Did I mention that the doctor recommends (now that I can start giving her whole milk) to add carnation instant breakfast to her sippy cup? I pump so many calories into this kid and she is SUCH A GOOD EATER that I can't figure it out. Again I ask, how does this kid not weigh more than she does?

First bowl of Neapolitan ice cream!


Ice cream videos!

Her Halloween birthday cake!

While she was eating her piece she kept pointing to her sister's piece of cake as if to say that she wanted that too.

Her favorite place - The fridge.

Snack time - Another favorite part of the day!

Just a few other pictures that I wanted to include of Bentley. She is such a joy!

4 Thoughts to share!:

Lissa Leigh said...

What a lucky girl...to eat ice cream, whole milk, basically anything she wants and look like that?! Just wait till she's 16! She's going to LOVE that! Don't worry. Just because she's not "on the charts" doesn't mean she's not normal. My girls aren't "on the charts" either! But for opposite reasons:) Anyways, we love Bentley just the way she is!!!

Logan & Lindy said...

Hey thats an awesome thing to have. Tall & Skinny! I seriously cant believe she is 1!! That is so crazy. She is so dang cute! Happy Birthday!!

Celeste said...

Bentley, we sure do enjoy seeing pictures and reading about some of your daily activities. You are such a cute little girl. We can't wait to see all of you at Christmas. Love you, Grandpa and Grandma Hill

JHILL said...

Oh my PRECIOUS little Bentley Reese... She is such a soft, peaceful, happy little girl!!! She is such an incredible little girl that is always trying to keep up with her big sis!!! She is so tender and sweet!! I do have to say she looks too small to be walking around our house and giving Taylor a run for her money!!! We have an AWESOME LITTLE family and me and Megs are so blessed to have these 2 AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS little spirits in our lives to teach us all that they do!! So similar but so different!!! I LOVE MY LITTLE GIRLS!!!