OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween! Holidays are just so much fun! Especially with the girls - they make it a real treat! Since Halloween was on a Friday night this year, we decided to carve our pumpkins the night before with Jordan home for the night. This was a rather good decision because they were practically melting by Saturday morning in this lovely Arizona heat. In fact, it was so hot on Halloween night that we had to change Bentley's costume from a Carebear to a Hula Girl. We wanted her to at least enjoy trick-or-treating without dying of heat. As a kid I definitely don't remember it being HOT. We always had to wear sweat pants and extra layers underneath our costumes to stay warm which always made us look nice and chubby. I don't know what's worse......treat-or-treating in the snow or 100 degrees. I haven't decided yet. Anyway, we had a great Halloween. We took the girls Trick-Or-Treating around our neighborhood and we were really surprised by all the people sitting in their driveways or on their front porch ready to hand out candy. I guess that's what they do out here in Goodyear, but we didn't quite get the memo. It was interesting, but kind of neat too that everyone wanted to celebrate Halloween.
Taylor was sad to see me take down the Halloween decorations, but I told her that we would celebrate again next year. Every once and awhile from out of the blue she will remind me by saying, "Halloween's over, but next year....right, Mom?" I love that little girl!

Carving pumpkins.

Our creations! Crazy that we already have 4 pumpkins to carve!

The girls were so proud of them!

Ready to go Trick-Or-Treating!

Riding in style!

Getting LOTS of candy!

Daphney with Scooby Doo!

Checking out the other Trick-Or-Treaters!

They had a very Happy Halloween!

The BEST part - pouring out all the candy on the floor at the end of the night to see what goodies you got!

1 Thoughts to share!:

Michele Tyler said...

Halloween is so fun when your children are little.

Wanted to stop by and wish you and your sweet little family a wonderful Thanksgiving!