OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Thursday, December 11, 2008

Already a VERY MERRY Christmas....

We really have so much to be thankful for these days. I felt the need to write down a few of my recent thoughts to remember exactly how I have been feeling lately. First of all, I love my family so very much! I am absolutely LOVING getting to spend so much time with my husband and as a family. Jordan was working an 2nd job at night for the past 7 months just to keep us going strong. For the past three weeks things are finally back to normal and we are able to spend that valuable time together - what a blessing it has been. We all seem to be more relaxed and more patient with one another..........just all around happier. It makes me realize that being together really is all that matters.

Another wonderful thing that our family has been able to do this year was decorate our house with Christmas lights. Not a big deal? WRONG! This was such a BIG DEAL to me! What an incredible moment for us! I can remember sitting in our little condo when we were first married and talking about how someday we would have a house of our own that we could put Christmas lights on. Here we are 5+ years later living in our first "real house" and we were able to take that step. I really can't explain the feeling that I get seeing our home each night with those sparkling lights, but it is something that I am extremely thankful for. The absolute BEST part of it all is the reaction from the girls when it's time to turn them on each night. Jordan will yell through the house, "Who wants to help me turn the Christmas lights on?" and the girls immediately stop what they are doing and run to let him know that they are definitely interested. I just love! It actually brings tears to my eyes to see their excitement. I LOVE seeing them so happy! Bentley cracks us up so much too because she will walk around pointing and saying, "WOW!" over and over as if she is looking at them for the very first time and it's the most beautiful thing she has ever seen. It makes my day! It's not even Christmas yet and in so many ways I feel like we are waking up each morning on Christmas Day. My children are without a doubt the reason I get that feeling.

Taylor helping her Dad and Grandpa Wally hang Christmas lights! YEAH!

To say that Bentley LOVES the Christmas tree would be an understatement.......she can't get enough of it. We have already lost several ornaments because she can't resist touching ANYTHING & EVERYTHING she can get her hands on!

Here it is - OUR HOME with Christmas lights for the very first time! What a fun thing!

Every morning we have to move the mouse. Taylor actually reminds me with this sweet, excited voice, "MOM, WE HAVE TO MOVE THE MOUSE TODAY!" I've even caught her playing with her toys and pretending like it's morning time and she tells them, "Guys, it's time to move the mouse!" Talk about a "make me smile moment" I love that she is creating those holiday memories! (NOTE: this is the exact same Christmas calendar that we used when I was growing up. Thanks, Mom for passing those wonderful family traditions on to my girls!)

This is by far the earliest that I have ever had all my Christmas shopping done and presents wrapped. It's not a bad feeling to have!

Just a few pictures of our home all ready for Christmas. It's hard to believe that we will have 1 more stocking to add for Christmas next year! CRAZY!

3 Thoughts to share!:

Lissa Leigh said...

I LOVE your Christmas Decorations! Your house looks so homey! I hope I get to see it in person! I'm so glad that Jordan's been able to be home a lot more now. I'm sure that makes a BIG difference:) I'd love to have Beau around a little bit more. Anyways, I'm still waiting for my Christmas card from you guys. I always LOVE getting yours. I hope you did them this year. You'll be getting ours soon. I'm mailing them out on Monday. I hope you guys are doing well. We're good, just SUPER busy!!! I haven't got a single present ready yet...AHHHHH! Help! How in the world are you done already???

The Marquardt Family said...

YOUr house looks soooo cute Megs! You have such a good touch! I am so glad Jordan is home more. It really does make a difference when you actually get to be with your husband. I am happy for you guys and what a better time to be together then the Holidays. Miss you terribly.

The Karafa Family said...

How fun! My family used the exact same countdown calendar growing up!