OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Thursday, July 16, 2009

4th of July in Colorado......

I LOVE the 4th of July! This year we were SO lucky to be able to spend it in COLORADO! We woke up early that morning (well 8:30 am or so CO time) and got the girls ready for a little 4th of July Parade that they do in my parents neighborhood every year. Taylor and Bentley didn't know quite what to think of it, but we're pretty sure they had fun. We especially enjoyed the delicious (free) breakfast at the end which was giant pancakes, bacon and juice. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out, did a little shopping and then Jordan, Hayden and I got ready to head up to Breckenridge, CO. One of my best friend's from high school was getting married that afternoon up at Ten Mile Station. It was SO beautiful! It was pretty crazy seeing people there that I haven't seen for literally 10 years! Heather looked absolutely beautiful and her ceremony was a special thing to be a part of. It was held outside, basically on top of a mountain and it was raining through the whole thing, but right when they were exchanging rings a rainbow appeared. It was so pretty! We're so happy for her and her new husband, John!

Jord and I tried to leave at a decent time to get back and watch the fireworks with Taylor and Bentley, but with a 2 hour drive and the fact that it was already completely dark we didn't make it in time. We did have a pretty incredible drive back home, though. Hayden was sleeping nice & sound and Jordan & I spent the journey just talking about life & our lives together all while watching the sky light up with fireworks from all the local towns. It was an experience that I will always remember! We missed the other two girls, but it sure was nice to get away for a somewhat date night! Thanks Mom & Dad for allowing that to happen and helping the girls to have such a FUN time with you guys!

Ready for the 4th of July parade

Bentley and Taylor after the parade.

The girls in their 4th of July dresses!

Ready to go to Breckenridge for Heather's wedding

This is the rainbow that appeared while they were exchanging their rings. WOW!

The beautiful bride, Heather & I at her reception

This is another one of my best friends from high school, Sara Johnson (Erskine). She's married and has a darling little girl named Maggie who is 10 months old. It was great to see her again!

Group picture from H.R.H.S. - Tanner, Sara, Jennie, Nicky, Katie, Heather, Me & Tonya

It was a great day & night! I was so lucky to have this man by my side the entire time!

2 Thoughts to share!:

Lissa Leigh said...

I know we already talked about why I don't comment on your blog, but for once ALL 3 of my girls are asleep at the same time. It looks like you guys had a FABULOUS time in Colorado! You look absolutely GORGEOUS at your friends wedding. And your parents front porch looks beautiful, I'm sure the inside of the home is even more beautiful! I love seeing the flowers and gorgeous greenery. Can I move to Colorado with you? It's a killer looking at those pictures during the middle of the AZ summer!!!

JHILL said...

The setting for this wedding was amazing! Breckenridge is such a beatiful place and everything was so green and lush! Gorgeous!!! Pluse, I had the Hottest Date there, my Gorgeous wife of 6 years! It was fun meeting her old high school mates and putting a face with all the stories!!!