OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Wednesday, April 9, 2008

6 month checkup

My sweet little Bentley had her 6 month checkup on Monday, she is so grown up! I took Taylor with me because..........well they both just go everywhere with me. She's so good that it's really doesn't matter. In fact, she is really starting to show a strong interest in what we are doing and where we are going. On this particular day as we were getting ready, she asked, "Mommy, where are we going?" I told her that Bentley had her doctors appointment to check and she how she is doing. She got a strange worried look on her face and I continued to tell her not to worry because she didn't need shots or anything like that. "They are just going to check her weight and see how tall she is and make sure she is healthy." Tay seemed good with that and quickly put on her shoes to head out the door.

At the appointment I realized that Bentley actually DID need shots and when I told this to Taylor, I asked her if she could be strong and brave for Bentley. She gave me a confident nod. Poor Bentley. I hate to see her sweet eyes fill with tears, but she got through it with the help of her big sister who kept telling her, "It's okay Beny." What a good sister!

Bentley is doing just great these days! She is without a doubt the sweetest little thing I have ever seen. Every time I look at her she brings a smile to my face! She definitely loves me, which of course makes me feel so good, but sometimes makes things a little more challenging too. I can't even be 5 feet away from the kid without her wanting me. So many people offer to hold her and it doesn't last very long until she is right back in my arms. My friend Mandy Abbott said it perfectly the other day when she was holding her and Bentley was just crying away. She told her, "Your mom really isn't that cool!" SO TRUE! Why does she love ME so much! Well, Jordan and I decided that it has to be because Bentley is around me 24/7. And I'm still nursing her since she still doesn't have any teeth. Tay was so different. I really think that she liked Jordan more than me. I was also working and she was around other people more than Bentley is. Plus, I stopped nursing her at 4 months when she had 4 teeth and wouldn't stop biting me. Enough said!

Hopefully Bentley will grow out of this little stage one of these days, but I'm sure that when it finally does happen I'll just want her to curl up in my arms and never leave! They do grow way too fast!

Here are Bentley's results from her doctors appointment:

BENTLEY REESE HILL
HEIGHT: 27 inches - 95% on the chart for height
WEIGHT: 12 lbs 12.5 oz - Maybe 5% on the chart

The doctor was a little concerned about her weight since she is so tall, which means she really should be gaining more weight. It's kind of crazy that she still hasn't doubled her birth weight and she is already 6 months old. The doctor recommended that I start feeding her every 2 hours and increase the baby food and rice cereal. She basically told me that she needs more calories. I wish I had that problem! It's really not a big deal yet, but we will see these next few weeks if she can put on a little more weight. I have to take her in just for a weight check a month from now.

Not much has changed with her since the 5 month report. She's rolling from her tummy to her back and sometimes from her back to her tummy, but she isn't crazy about it. I haven't given up complete hope yet because I know that every kid is different, but I am excited to see her moving more! She's discovered her toes and feet and it's hard to keep them out of her mouth these days. It's amazing how limber they are. She basically is a complete joy to have in our home and a perfect part of our family! We love her so much!

Bentley Reese - 6 months old

The Big Sister, Taylor - 2 1/2 years old

Bentley all naked at the doctors office - BEFORE shots

Taylor at the appointment talking on her "keys" and chewing gum!


The two sisters having a great time together!

Bentley LOVES her toes!



Bentley taking Taylor's Barbie 4-wheeler for a ride!


We gotta stay hydrated here in the desert - Beny loves drinking water & Taylor loves to help her!

The Happy Hill Girls!

3 Thoughts to share!:

Grandpa & Grandma Hill said...

We love to see the pictures and hear of all the new adventures of the Hill Family. Hope Bentley gains some weight and all is well. They are just so darling!

JHILL said...

Well, we may just have to put Bentley on that same diet that her pops is on or was on to start playing d-tackle from linebacker! Bentley definately loves her bananas though. We just have to keep pumping her full of food and getting some more meet on those bones!! She is such a petite little PRINCESS!!!

Celeste said...

Oh gosh!! Your girls are freaking adorable!! Bently has the cutest little smile and Taylor is queen for her priceless faces!! haha I love looking at these pictures. That was pretty cute...all of the things that Taylor says. Gosh Jord you better keep an eye of your girls. I can't believe Taylor pointed at that girl and said cute dress. That is crazy to me!! She's definitely going to be a girlie-girlie!! Her hair is getting so long too! Anyways, your girls are adorable and I miss you guys!! Hopefully i'll see you this summer in Arizona!! Miss and love you all!!