OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Backyard Fun!

We all woke up early Saturday morning to spend a little quality time in our backyard. We reached 2 weeks with a green lawn and it was time to mow the grass for the very first time. We were so excited!

Taylor, Bentley, Trigger and I all sat on the back patio and watched Jordan mow the lawn. It was so much fun and I'm just positive that Jord enjoyed being stared at the entire time! There's nothing like freshly cut grass! I love the smell and the feel beneath my feet. It sure reminded me of back home! Jord and I were laughing because after he was done (like 15 min. later) I asked him if he had fun and surprisingly his answer was, "YES!" I guess it's different when you have your own grass than when you are a kid and your parents make you do chores. We are thankful for this chore in our lives! We LOVE having a backyard!

The weather has been wonderful and we have been spending so much time with family and friends in our backyard! We bought Taylor a little baseball bat and a bunch of balls so she could learn to hit, and she's actually getting better, but she would rather use the bat as a golf club and hit the balls that way. We need to get her a little set of clubs. Other things that we have been enjoying together are soccer, badminton, tag and just flat out relaxing. It's so funny to watch Taylor run and tumble and have so much fun being a kid! I find myself taking the girls outside for breakfast, lunch and even sometimes dinner! It feels so good to be outside surrounded by green!

Bentley just barely awake on Saturday morning!

I must be crazy, but I went and woke Taylor up on Saturday so she could see the new lawn mower and watch her daddy use it for the first time. She was sleeping in the guest room because we were in the process of painting her room. I woke her just after 8:00 am, when normally she is up by 7:00 at the latest. NOTE: She hasn't slept in since.

We woke up early so we could see this!!!!

Our newest purchase!

Jord in action - I can't believe how much the grass grew in only 2 weeks!

Jord, Tay and Trig running through the sprinklers!

Taylor can't stand having her clothes wet. She will even change out of her favorite dress if she spills water on it. She had to strip down completely after they ran through the sprinklers. She was complaining that her "bum was cold." Poor kid! She took a warm shower immediately after.

I LOVE fresh flowers!

Taylor LOVES these ice cream bars that we bought at the store. We have to eat them outside so the mess can be minimized. I ran inside for a moment and came back to this........

......Bentley was licking her lips and covered in mint green ice cream. She looked thrilled! What a nice big sister to share with her little sister. Of course I had to explain to Taylor that Bentley isn't quite old enough yet for treats like that.

Tay likes to through the football around, but I think she enjoys playing with her dad more than her mom.

I gave Taylor some sidewalk caulk to play with the other day and instead of coloring I found her doing this. She is so funny! She is always setting her toys up in a straight line or making them face the same way. As she was playing I could hear her saying (almost singing) the color of each piece of caulk that she had. It was pretty cute!

Bentley enjoyed playing a little soccer herself! Even though she mostly tried to eat the ball, she got in a few good kicks!

The sisters enjoying time together outside.

6 Thoughts to share!:

Heather said...

How cute! Your girls are too darling. And seriously, all I could think about while looking at your backyard photos was lying in your beautiful green grass!

Celeste said...

Dang Jordy the grass looks pretty dang slick!! Nice lawn ya got there!! :) the girls are freaking adorable! Glad you got a soccer ball in Bentley's hands Meg!! They are so freakin cute and I love looking at the pics. I love the picture of Taylor on the bed after she had just woken up. Haha it was so cute!! Bentley is freakin adorable too!!!! I miss you guys!! Hope you have a good weekend! Love you!!

Lissa Leigh said...

I can't say this enough...I AM SO JEALOUS! Your backyard looks like you're back east somewhere...not in ARIZONA! What a fun experience for the girls to watch their daddy mow their lawn for the first time. I can't wait for that day! And you guys did a fabulous job on your yard. Not only the grass, but ALL of the landscaping. It's absolutely beautiful! Again, I LOVE THOSE GIRLS!!!

Teagan said...

hey girl....Gorgeous backyard...Great meow job!:)
yeah I do hair...and thanks!
so you are going to CO? where abouts? Your parents live there right? Are you taking the girls?

Mandy Abbott said...

I love your backyard! Don't you love how it's all yours... how it was a dirt field and you guys have made it into a beautiful yard!!! Good job. It's beautiful! I love the picture of the girls with Taylor working on her computer and Bentley chillin by her side! Fun girls!

Anonymous said...

I too am soo jealous! I L.O.V.E your back yard- I cannot get enough of the green grass! I shouldn't even live in AZ, it is just not green enough. I bet the green helps you not miss Colorado as much :) All these pictures were soo cute- The naked bum and the "just woke up" shots are priceless!