This is a saying that I had memorized growing up. My grandma bought me this cute little wooden stool when I was just a little girl with those words engraved on it. I'm sure I used it for just about everything back then, but it hasn't been until lately that I really understand the meaning of that sweet little poem.
I have now passed along that stool to my daughters and it's AMAZING what they think of when using it. They actually play with it quite a bit! No major disasters yet - Taylor mostly uses it when she is brushing her teeth or when I'm doing her hair. She is smart enough to take it in her room to reach her toy baskets, but I'm okay with that. Just recently though, Bentley has discovered that she can sit on it all by herself. It is SO cute how she backs up slowly and stands on her tippy toes to lift her cute TINY little bum up onto the seat. Once she accomplishes it, she just sits there and swings her legs or bounces around & smiles. I will even leave the room for a minute and come back and she is still sitting there - happy as can be! I wonder if my parents realized what a wonderful babysitter this item was when I was a kid......just kidding, but it is pretty funny how useful this old step stool can be!
Bentley's new favorite thing to do!
Sisters - It must be nice that BOTH their tiny bums can fit on it at the same time!
Bentley enjoying her freedom of doing things all by herself!












0 Thoughts to share!:
Post a Comment