OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Monday, July 7, 2008

The 4th of July!!!

We had a great 4th of July this year! Taylor is at such a fun age when it comes to holidays and she loved getting all dressed up, spending time with her cousins and watching the fireworks! My mom and sister were still in town so we all drove out to Norm and Cara's house to celebrate!

Everyone brought their own meat and a side to share and to say the least, we had tons of food! We took hot dogs, ribs and steak because we couldn't decided what we wanted more and mashed potatoes, "Mom's Famous" baked beans and a yummy cookie dessert! We were set! We spent the afternoon swimming in their pool, jumping on the trampoline and catching up on old times. My favorite part about the 4th of July this year was watching my girls play with their cousins and create little memories for themselves! I LOVED this part of growing up! They are some of my fondest memories!

The fireworks show out in Chandler didn't start until close to 10:00 pm which was pretty late, but we stuck it out and watched the beautiful colors light up the sky! It was fun because all us kids (well I guess I'm not a kid anymore, but I feel like I am) climbed up a ladder and watched them from the roof. Taylor even got up there with no fear. In fact, she was WAY MORE brave than her mother! I think I discovered my fear of heights during this activity, but it was way worth it getting to listen to Tay's sweet voice. I loved hearing her say all the colors out loud as each firework went off and she constantly was telling us, "Oh look at the sparklers! SO beautiful!" It was beyond cute! Towards the end of the show I think she was just about exhausted because she wanted to "lay down and take a nap." We quickly climbed down the ladder to get her home and into bed. My cousin, Parker (3 almost 4 years old) actually did fall asleep and my uncle had to carry him down. It was pretty funny!

Where was Bentley during all of this? I actually put her to bed at like 7:30 pm in one of the bedrooms. We put a big blanket on the floor and let her just lay there and fall asleep. I was surprised how well if worked since it was her first time sleeping somewhere other than a crib or her car seat. I kept checking on her to make sure she hadn't woken up and crawled all over the place, but every time I found her, she was curled up in a little ball against the bathroom door. It was too precious and she looked pretty comfortable so I didn't bother to move her. She still amazes me with how sweet she is! I really can't put into words just how much I love my children, but watching them grow truly makes every day so wonderful! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Taylor in her 4th of July dress!

Bentley in her 4th of July dress!

Our little firecrackers!

Jord and his beautiful girls!

I'm bummed this picture turned out so dark, but this is our family showing our holiday spirit before going to church on Sunday after the 4th of July!




3 Thoughts to share!:

Aubree said...

Cutest little dresses and cutest little girls! I can't believe how big Bentley is getting. So cute. And what did you do implant some hair into Taylor's bald spot? You can't even see it!

Lissa Leigh said...

The girls look fabulous as usual! You always have them looking just perfect! I'm glad you had a great 4th. Also, your background is SO cute! I NEED SOME LESSONS!!!

Teagan said...

what cute dresses!!
gotta love water fun... especially when its like 120 degrees out!