OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bring on the CALORIES!!!

BENTLEY is the most perfect addition to our family! I really can't imagine life without her! She is doing so well these days and although it is still a few months away (October 1st) I keep thinking about how she will be our little 1 year old! CRAZY!

On Wednesday (yesterday), we had yet another weight check appointment for her. At Bentley's last appointment, which was about a month ago, she had only gained 6 ounces leaving her still far below the charts for her weight. She weighed in at a whopping 13.15 lbs at 9 months old! I knew this appointment was a make or break time for us on whether or not we should start being concerned about her weight. They decided to send us to get some blood work done to find out what exactly the problem was. That was tough! Anytime you see your child in pain just kills you! Well, the girls and I tried to go by ourselves earlier that day and it was a nightmare. I had a really hard time holding Bentley still and they just kept pricking her and not getting the job done. I finally had to say that we would come back with my husband. Good old Jordan - we ALWAYS need him! Later that afternoon we all drove back and got the amount of blood they needed to run some tests (which was A LOT). They needed 4 adult size tubes! The good news is that the results all came back negative. We did find out that she is anemic so they put her on iron drops and advised me to start feeding her a bottle at least twice a day to provide her with the iron she needs since I am still nursing. She has been doing this for the past 3 weeks and at yesterday's appointment I am happy to say that she gained 11 ounces! YES! Bentley now weighs 14 lbs 10 oz! She will be 10 months old tomorrow and she has finally doubled her birth weight! Where does this put her on the charts? Well, she is still below by about 5%, but she is curving upward so we are on the right track! Height is still in about the 75% area which basically means that she is tall and skinny!

The doctor's advice - MORE CALORIES! We also need to feed her fattening foods throughout the day! Lucky girl! I kind of wish I was told to eat more calories and as much fattening stuff as I wanted. It's just so funny to us because Bentley is SO interested in what we are eating and is constantly wanting to eat some kind of food. She seriously LOVES food, but just won't put the weight on. It's the craziest thing! So, for those of you out there wondering......yes I feed my child, ALL DAY LONG!

MILESTONES: She is doing so great these days and learning so many fun things. I love watching her crawl EVERYWHERE full speed, chasing after her sister! She can pull herself up to just about anything and has started walking around all of our furniture! She is in the process of getting her 7th tooth. She says "Dada" & not mama (which shocks me because she loves me so much). She loves pointing at things she likes or wants us to look at too, and she can also stand alone for a few seconds (or until she realizes that she is standing without holding on). We are so proud of her and continue to appreciate just how sweet she is!

She is one happy girl with such a beautiful smile!

She is so alert and observant to what is around her!

Our pretty girl who is CONSTANTLY snacking on something!

The day she got her blood drawn - she was so brave, but not a happy girl! I don't blame her! Look at her poor little arms :(

Jord, me and our baby girl the other night at a family friends mission homecoming dinner!

Standing up & enjoying some more treats!


Sitting pretty for mom to take some pics!

Helping herself to her sister's Gatorade!

Rolling a ball on the ground & chasing after it - one of her favorite things to do!

Getting stuck on top of the laundry basket (Don't ask me how). At first she laughed and then when she couldn't get down she wasn't too happy.

Eating grass in the backyard - YUCK!

Getting cozy in a towel after going swimming!


Playing "Jumping Princesses" with her big sister in the backyard!


I love that the girls will play together and share with one another. Here they are reading books together in Taylor's room!

Beny making some food in the play kitchen!


Having girls is really TOO much fun!

3 Thoughts to share!:

Logan & Lindy said...

Ya I wish my Doctor would tell me that!!! She is so cute and looking so much like Taylor!!! She is beautiful! We miss seeing you guys!!!

Lissa Leigh said...

I am SO glad that she has doubled her birthweight. What a relief for you guys. It's always scary when doctors are pressuring you into feeling scared about your babies health. We've never had the problem with not gaining enough weight, our doctors are always asking..."what do you feed these girls?" when I go to our checkups because the girls are off the other end of the charts:) Especially Kalli! Anyways, Bentley is just as cute as can be. The picture with Jordan holding her, she looks JUST LIKE TAYLOR!!! I couldn't believe how simliar they look now. She's sure growing up! And the picture of her in the tutu and bow...priceless! She's absolutely adorable! What a little princess:)

The Marquardt Family said...

Megs, I can not get over how much they both look alike. When she was born I did not think she looked like Tay, crazy how she has changed. I am so happy that it is nothing serious. You are a great mom! THey both look happy and healthy to me. Having girls much be so fun. Always a party! Hope to see you guys soon. xoxo