On Friday, Taylor finished her second session of swim lessons! We signed up for two sessions (a total of 4 weeks) through the City of Goodyear and I'm so happy that we decided to have Taylor be a part of them! She is without a doubt a natural swimmer! She absolutely LOVES the water and was SO excited to go to swim lessons almost every day for 4 weeks straight! Her class started at 4:15 pm each day and sometimes she would ask me at 7:45 in the morning, "Mom, time to go to swim lessons?" To say the least - Taylor LOVES SWIMMING!
I was really impressed with the first two weeks that we had swim lessons because the teacher was amazing! She recognized that Taylor was a little more advanced than the average beginner swimmer and she tested her abilities and helped her learn so many new things. By the end of the first 2 weeks Taylor was able to dive to the bottom of the pool and grab a ring, swim underwater by herself from the side to her teacher for about 2 or 3 feet, hold her breath and so many things that made me so very proud! The instructor the second 2 weeks wasn't nearly as good, which I was really disappointed about because I feel like Taylor could have advanced so much more, but she still had so much fun going and getting to be with the other kids!
It was so funny to me because with both sessions the other parents couldn't stop talking about how fearless Taylor was and how comfortable she was in the water. "Is she like that with everything? Just no fear?" They would ask me. Or they would say things like, "Do you guys have a pool?" Or "Has she been swimming a long time? She's such a fish in the water!" It made me laugh because that's how I just figure all kids are. Taylor is very adventurous and always wants to push herself to the limit - with everything she does! That's just her! She did a great job with swim lessons, I'm so proud of her and can't wait to see how she continues to develop with all of her future activities!
I took like a million pictures over the past 4 weeks so I decided to put them into a slide show. I am definitely one of those parents that can't get enough of my child learning and having fun!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Tay's Swim Lessons...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 Thoughts to share!:
Megan- you're not along on loving seeing your kids learn and have fun. Seriously is there any better satisfaction seeing your hard work of teaching your kids pay off?? Whether you're the one teaching them or not- it's just so fun to see them conquer or master a skill!!
Okay your hair looks awesome dark!!! Do you love it?
Your sister Paige is sure beautiful. That family picture you took is sooo cute- you and the girls are all summery matchy and cute.
I can not get over how cute of a mom you are. And how darling your girls are! They always look so perfect. Clothes, hair and smiles! Congrats on all your running goals. YOu inspire me to get out there. I miss you guys. Hopefully we can see each other soon. Also please tell paige she is a HOTTIE! Love you tons
I can't believe how fearless Taylor is. I LOVE that about her. She just makes me smile when I look at her in all those pictures. What a cutie! I wish I would have signed Kenadee up with her darnit! Kenadee would have loved that! She's definitely not as fearless as Taylor, but she does love the water:) Hope you guys are doing well. Let's reschedule that BBQ SOON!!!
very nice photos! thank you for sharing them
Post a Comment