Last week we were fortunate enough to have Jordan's mom come and visit us and spend some valuable time with us Arizona Hill's. The week flew right by - just like it always does when we have loved ones come to visit, but we sure had a wonderful time with her! I will admit, in those five days that Grandma Hill stayed with us, we kept pretty busy and packed as many fun activities that we could possibly think of into the little time we had!
I was so excited and proud of myself because I am FINALLY becoming a real pioneer women (okay not really, but I sure felt somewhat worthy of one with the things I learned while Jordan's mom was here). I learned how to make cinnamon rolls, raspberry jam, lasagna, and I made my very first quilt basically all in one day! WOW! It was such a great feeling knowing that I am learning things that someday I can share with my own children. Well, I hope by then I will have a good idea of what I'm doing. I guess we will see how it goes when I don't have a supervisor, but regardless I am one step closer to becoming a SUPER MOM!
Other than ALL the crafts and fun little projects that we did, we of course found some time to shop, go to the zoo and play, play, play! Jordan and I even went on a hot date while Grandma Hill watched the girls for us. That was a real treat going to dinner and a movie just the two of us! Thank you, Natalie - SO MUCH, for everything! The girls loved every minute they got to spend with you and I appreciate all the things you were willing to share with me! We can't wait to see you again and the rest of the family! Love you guys lots!
Getting home after picking up Grandma Hill from the airport - Grand kids ALL over her!
Beny enjoyed pulling Grandma's hair!
Playing in the backyard!
Ready for a week of fun!
"Higher, Daddy, higher!"
Beny still looks just like her daddy!
Bentley going for a ride - She is getting so big!
The girls riding the Zebra together!
Grandma Hill painting Taylor's nails (NOTE: This was at about 7:30 am - Taylor hit her up pretty early)
Taylor showing off her princess pajama's one morning.
Having some fun with Bentley! She likes it when we put her pants on her head. They seem to fit better there since they are always falling off her bum! She's just so little! Whenever she wakes up from a nap I have to search for where her pants are because they fall off and she likes to throw them out of her crib. It's pretty funny!
Bentley & Grandma playing together!
Grandma Hill let the girls each pick out a toy at Toy's R' Us. Taylor got a Barbie furniture set and Bentley decided on a farm animal puzzle. They have had lots of fun playing with their new toys!
The DELICIOUS raspberry jam that we made!
I borrowed a sewing machine from a lady in my ward (Thanks Rochelle!) and here we are working on my VERY 1ST quilt!
It is SO soft and we ALL love cuddling and getting cozy warm in it! I'm so proud and I can't wait for it to get cooler so I can use it all the time!
Making cinnamon rolls for Jordan - He LOVES them!
YUM! This is how they turned out!
PICTURES FROM THE WILDLIFE WORLD ZOO...
The cute baby tigers! They were SO close!
Me and Bentley checking out some tiny swimming turtles.
The man I love and the baby I love!
I love seeing Jordan hold both his girls....they sure love their daddy!
Nemo & his dad
Taylor really likes the peacocks.
The fam - Check our the alligator in the background!
Taylor and Jordan feeding apples to the birds. Tay was so brave - I couldn't believe it!
Jordan was more worried about them pooping on him, but he made it through with nothing on his shirt.
Bentley and Grandma Hill at the Zoo.
I don't normally take pictures of just animals, but the baby giraffe was too cute! Actually, I think Jordan took this picture so he must have thought so too!
Just the girls checking out the TALL giraffes!
The girls with their dad looking at the muddy rhino.
After the zoo, we headed up to Anthem to go shopping at the outlets and cool off a little bit from such a hot day! We melted at the Zoo! Taylor got to play at the little splash park while her baby sister watched. For some reason I had a swimsuit for Taylor in my diaper bag.
Stopping for a treat at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory before heading home - It's kind of a tradition for us!
Grandma Hill saying good-bye to her granddaughters. We can't wait until she come to see us again!



















































2 Thoughts to share!:
Looks like a awesome week! I love when Grandmas come!!! The blanket looks so good and the Jam looks so yummy! I always have to laugh... you and I have the same style in clothes for are girls. Brooklyn has the same green pocka dot shirt!!! I like your hair. Looks good!!!!
Grandma's are the best! Your quilt turned out great! I really like sewing, I'm not the best at it but it gives me a lot of pleasure when I finish something!! I can't wait for your future projects!
Post a Comment