OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Thursday, February 7, 2008

DON'T tell the mother!

In every family there is one parent that is stricter than the other. I am that parent. I can already predict that I'm going to be the one that our children come to second to ask permission to do something outrageous. They will approach Jordan first, who will calmly say, "Its fine with me, but you better run it by your mom too." He's just so laid back and worry free. Me on the other hand, I am always thinking about what might happen if they do this or if they do that and what outcomes could "possibly" happen. We are definitely a perfect balance! Can you imagine if there were two "me's" raising our children? YIKES!

I know this is far simpler than what we are going to experience when our kids are teenagers, but here is a perfect example of what they are able to get away with while hanging out with their father. I have caught them on several occasions standing by the fridge, giggling, while eating whipped cream directly from the canister. Taylor thinks it is hilarious that he will let her eat it this way. I think it's funny too, but I never let her eat it that way when it's just me & her. Jordan has also taught her to say,"Shhh" when they are doing this as if to say, "Shhhh, don't tell the mother." Well, the other day I caught her, with the fridge open, holding the bottle of whipping cream and saying,"Shhhh" when I caught her. Only problem was - she was saying it to the wrong person. What a cute little girl! I couldn't help to let her try some! I can be THE FUN ONE too sometimes!

Caught red handed!

She even offered to share with me! How nice!

"Shhh, mom - don't tell"

I found Trigger one day in Bentley's room doing this. My first thought was, "Is there food or one of his toys under there? What is he doing?"

Sure enough, Taylor was hiding under there eating a snack!

What a clever girl....go somewhere where the GIANT DOG won't fit!


8 Thoughts to share!:

Lissa Leigh said...

Oh my goodness...if that's not the cutest thing, I don't know what is! I can just imagine her sneaking into the fridge and trying to pull it off by herself while daddy's at work. That makes me smile! I LOVE TAYLOR!!! Smart girl!

JHILL said...

Man, I can't believe that Taylor got caught...We had such a good gig going, we would sneak into the fridge while Megs was with Bentley or on the computer and each of us would get a quick boost, it was always started with the finger to the mouth and a "SShh!!!" Taylor is such a fun kid, love that Gorgeous lil girl!!!

Logan & Lindy said...

What a cute story!!! About Taylor and her Daddy being sneaky! Yes sounds like some thing Logan already does! Your family is so cute. Its been so nice to see what you guys have been up to to. So much fun!

Jill said...

I love the picture of Taylor under the crib. You are so good to take photos of all these fun memories! By the way, again, I LOVE YOUR HOUSE. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, it is so cute. You have an eye for decorating that I envy. Thanks for letting us hang out the other day. Avery asked to play with Taylor the rest of the week!

Ashley said...

ahhh! Megan I miss your little family. I miss visiting teaching and just talking about life and our families. I am glad that we are able to keep in touch via blogs. Taylor is adorable. I think that when she gets old enough to date her daddy will not be so laid back anymore! ;)

Mandy Abbott said...

Gotta give it to the dad who has his girls wrapped around his finger! I love that. I would love to put spy cameras in my house to see what they do while i'm gone! Although Jordan needs to tell Tay-tay not to blow his cover next time! And just so you know... Livy still asks for Taylor to come play on a DAILY basis. We need to get together. Maybe the zoo! It's perfect weather.

Jenny and Jared said...

She is a funny little girl. Hiding under the bed, that is adorable!

Davis Clan said...

I love it all! Taylor is a hoot. So sneaky! miss you guys!!