Is it possible to be so similar to someone yet incredibly different? I think so. My little Taylor and I are so much alike that it kills me sometimes. I just know that when she is a teenager we are going to butt heads big time! I'm trying with all my power to build our relationship now so that when she does get older she will just listen to everything I have to say............that's possible, right? No, I want her to make her own choices - just the good ones! I love her to pieces, I can't deny that, but that child does things already that makes me want to pull my hair out!
For example, every morning she wakes me up already wearing a dress and a headband and tells me, "Mommy, I want cheese." And every morning I proceed to tell her, "Taylor, you can't have cheese for breakfast, maybe at lunchtime, but not for breakfast." First of all, how could I have a child that loves cheese SO much when cheese is one of my least favorite foods? Second, why does she have to ask EVERY morning when she already knows the answer? These things really make me shake my head and laugh more than they drive me crazy, but at the time I feel like she is just being difficult when really she is just being herself! I need to always remember that. It's actually one of my favorite things about her when I take a deep breath and look at the big picture. I LOVE that she is independent and knows what she wants in life! I guess it's just hard sometimes because her mother is the exact same way!
Another thing that reminds me that she really is my daughter, is that fact that she is such a water baby! I LOVED the water when I was younger and now I take a relaxing bath as often as I possibly can. I'm not sure if my actions are why Taylor has been doing this lately or if she is just extremely ready for summer, but at least 3 or 4 times a day she wants to take a bath. She loves bath's these days. Sometimes she will strip down and I will find her sitting in my bathtub just waiting for me to fill it up with water. She likes to float around and kick her legs and of course splash and get water everywhere. I believe that she thinks it is her mini swimming pool except with warm water. She takes the same 3 barbies in the tub to swim with her & I've noticed that she likes to wash their hair just like hers. I'm sure Jordan just loves how often he finds barbies sitting in his sink to dry - but that's how life goes when you have little girls!
So what exactly does a 27 year old like me have in common with a 27 month old like Taylor? I think the best way to explain it is simply by showing it.

We both feel guilty when we make a mistake!













































3 Thoughts to share!:
Ahh that is such a sweet post. i loved it. i might have to copy you some day, because that is such a great idea! she is such a doll!
I love this post. Taylor is so smart!! Avery was enjoying looking at all the pictures of her! This made me think of all the things that Avery and I have in common, and I think the biggest thing happens to be our love of chocolate! She asked me today if we could make cookies and then eat them all...nice parenting that she would even suggest that. Of course I thought about it for a while before I opted not to.
Oh I love her in her green dress and headband...and your shoes (heels) are SOOOO CUTE! I want them!!
What a fun post!! I had to laugh at the pictures of your husband swinging Taylor in the baby car seat...b/c that is so Shaun with Charlotte. Daddy's little Girls!!!
Post a Comment