OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Splash of Color!

We finally finished painting all the main areas in our home. I'm not even sure exactly how long it took us because we kind of took it one room at a time. We did most of our painting at night when the girls were asleep that way we could actually focus completely on painting without any interruptions. I know that's a big no-no to paint at night, but that's what worked best for us and it turned out just fine!

We just finished the kitchen last weekend and I absolutely love it! I love having color on my walls! What a great feeling of accomplishment and relief to have it done. Now we can just enjoy it...........well at least until I want to start doing the bedrooms, which I already have ideas of what I want for the girls' rooms!

Jordan really did most of the work so I can't take took much credit for the "accomplishment" part, but I did help quite a bit. There's only so much I can do with my height. We only have a little step ladder so I unfortunately wasn't able to do any of the painting or taping around the ceiling (except for in the kitchen and that really sucked)! Poor Jordan had to tape and paint the entire house around the ceiling and didn't complain once. I had to stand on the kitchen counters and tape around the ceiling where the cabinets were and I think I complained the whole time about how much my arms were hurting. I still don't know how he did everything that he did. I was even sore the next morning (Note to self: I really need to start working out again). Oh well, he was a champ about it and we are so pleased with how it has all turned out!

The paint color that we chose for the main walls in the living room, den, hallways and family room is called Haystack by Ralph Lauren and I must say it is a perfect fit for the Hill house. The accent color that we chose is called Weathered Brown and the kitchen (and eventually laundry room) is Oatmeal. All in all we are so blessed to have our own home to paint and tailor just the way we want it!

Taylor had a blast playing around all the furniture we were moving! She kept creating caves that only she could possibly squeeze through!

Bentley & Trigger hanging out while mom & dad were trying to get the painting done!

Taylor polished off an entire box of Fruit Loops all by herself in just a little over 1 week - WOW!


Tay really wanted to help us paint the walls inside the house, but we convinced her that her help was needed painting the backyard walls instead! What a great helper!

What a mess!

Jord just rolling away!

Jord's little helper!

Mom's little helper! It's amazing what you can accomplish with just one arm!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


THE RESULTS:

THE ENTRY - BEFORE & AFTER


THE LIVING ROOM - BEFORE & AFTER

THE DEN AREA - BEFORE & AFTER

THE T.V. NICHE IN GREAT ROOM - BEFORE & AFTER

THE GREAT ROOM - BEFORE & AFTER

KITCHEN NOOK - BEFORE & AFTER

A FEW MORE PICS OF THE KITCHEN NOOK

KITHCEN - BEFORE & AFTER

KITCHEN ISLAND - BEFORE & AFTER

KITCHEN & FAMILY ROOM - BEFORE & AFTER

7 Thoughts to share!:

Davis Clan said...

I looks great!! I love the new furniture. Awesome!

The Mullins said...

Looks awesome, it is amazing what a little color can do

Bekah: said...

your house looks soo good! its super cute! love all the color choices, good job!

Logan & Lindy said...

I love the color! Its amazing how it changes it so much. It looks beautiful. I love your house! So cute!

Grandpa & Grandma Hill said...

Jord and Megan, the house looks so cozy with the warm colors. You have done a great job decorating the house. Can't wait to see it.

Ashley said...

It looks like you have been busy and having fun with your little helpers at the same time. Next time Tim and I are over on the side of town visiting his cousin we will stop by and say hello. We miss you but we are so glad that you are doing so well in your new house and new ward.

JHILL said...

I got to say, it is much more enjoybable seeing the pictures of the finished product and not the starting point again. It really is a lot of work but it is so much fun doing this stuff and seeing the end results. Painting is a lot of tedious prep work but is worth the efforts when it is done and you look at the change.