Before I married Jordan my maiden name was Megan Ann Durdy. I've heard just about every joke in the book growing up and even though I am Megan Ann Hill now, I will always be proud to be a "Durdy"! Especially when I get to be around my family. They are so special to me and I am so thankful that they are mine! They were actually just here all last week and I'm so sad that they are already gone. They arrived here last Sunday (the day we got home from Vegas) and just left on Friday morning. I wish they could stay forever - or maybe more realistically - I wish we lived closer! They are still back home in Colorado and now that we live in Goodyear, it's a 13 - 14 hour drive. WOW! That's just too far these days!
They hadn't seen our new house yet so it was fun to show them all the things we have done and give them the grand tour of the place we call home. Our girls had an ABSOLUTE BLAST with their Grandma Susie, Grandpa Wally and Aunt Paigey! By mid-week Taylor was saying things like, "Paigey, Paigey come here!" and "Wally, what are you doing?" or "Suie, I want to wear a dress!" It was precious to say the least. We really didn't do anything crazy while they were here. Just hung out and played and watched the boys bust their butts in the backyard. My dad helped Jordan start and just about complete the sprinkler system while he was here. My dad is truly an amazing guy! Growing up he was always involved in some kind of project or fixing something in our house or simply making an improvement. Well, this weekend he helped us big time with the sprinkler system. It doesn't sound that complicated, but let me tell you, there is a lot that goes into doing a complete sprinkler system. I'm just glad that I wasn't the one digging and piping and doing whatever else! It was pretty fun to watch it all come together though!
Us girls on the other hand just got to watch movies and play dress up and other games with Taylor and Bentley. I know it's a hard life, but someone has to do all that stuff too....right?

...I eventually moved her towel into the shade so that she could cool off a little bit, but she still wanted to stay outside in her swimsuit.
Bentley did a little sunbathing also, but in the shade with a hat! She has her daddy's skin.

Taylor had so much fun hanging out with Paige and my mom. She put on quite the show for them EVERY DAY!
Bentley & I were getting ready to go out and check on the guys and see the progress of the sprinkler system.
Tay Tay and I were wide awake one day and this is what everyone else was doing......
......Paige was sleeping.....
......Grandma Susie was sleeping.......
......Trigger was sleeping.....
.....Jordan was sleeping.....
What a mischivious little girl!
Making a cake with Grandma Susie and of course taste testing it first!
One day Taylor fell asleep in Jordan's arms and she still couldn't let go of her chapsticks. She LOVES lipgloss!

Grandma Great came to visit us and fixed Taylor's favorite dress for her. It was basically torn to shreads and Grandma Great made it brand new again!
GW with his granddaughters! They LOVE him!
Taylor likes to doorbell ditch our own house. Every time the doorbell rings, Trigger barks like crazy and she thinks it is hilarious!
Grandpa went to the store and bought Taylor a special treat - who can resist a little ice cream?
Jord playing with Tay & Beny after a long day at work & then working in the backyard.
Bentley is getting so big, but she still looks so tiny in her daddy's arms.
Oh Taylor! She helped herself to my makeup one afternoon and doesn't she look beautiful!














































































3 Thoughts to share!:
I always love your posts Megan! It looks like you guys have had a blast the past few weeks! Fun to get to see both of your families! I am not excited about moving away from family... you know how that goes! You guys are awesome! It was good to chat with you the other day!
Cute pictures! Your girls are so adorable. I just love them. And your sister is seriously a fox. I guess it runs in your family. I was telling Spencer at dinner that poor Jordan is going to have a heart attack during the teen years. He is going to have to greet dates with a shot gun in hand.
Thanks for your comments today. You are such a nice friend, and I am so glad that I know you. Let's hang out soon. Play dates just aren't the same without you!
And we need to plan a BBQ or something to celebrate all the new backyards going in. Yay for sprinklers.
Wow! It looks like you guys have been having as much fun with family as we have! Don't you love when they come down? It's kind of stressful right before to make everything look perfect, but once they get there it's lots of fun. At least that's how I feel! Taylor is really maturing. She takes pictures really well now. I especially love the pictures of everyone knocked out while you and Taylor are wide awake. Isn't that the worst?!! We've sure missed you guys tons and can't wait to get together next week. Hope all is well at the Hill home. Talk to you soon!
~Klorissa
Post a Comment