OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Hill's in VEGAS....

We drove to Las Vegas last weekend and met up with Jordan's family. It was a VERY quick trip, but we sure had a great time! Jord's youngest brother, Taysom had a 7v7 passing league for football that he was invited to participate in at UNLV. Taysom is such a stud that we couldn't pass up the opportunity to go and watch. And besides, with Vegas only being about 5 hours away we took full advantage of making the trip to spend some valuable time with family. In fact, Taysom and Celeste (Jordan's sister) had never even met Bentley - just seen pictures of her so we definitely had to go and show her off! I also realized that this was Bentley's first time out of Arizona. Taylor had basically traveled the world by the time she was 6 months. I guess Bentley has some catching up to do!

We stayed at the Alexis Park Resort just down a few blocks from the strip which was kind of nice since Vegas isn't as family friendly as I remember it being. It did feel a little awkward walking through the casinos with a double stroller. It was also very cold while we were there so we didn't get to do as much site seeing as we wanted to. In any case, we made the most of the short time we had and went hot tubing, shopping at the Outlets, watched our girls get completely spoiled by their grandparents & aunt & uncles, ate as much food as we possibly could at the delicious buffets (we had to at least try to get our monies worth), watched Taysom rock in his football games, and had a lot of laughs together! Even though we wished we had just one more day to hang out together and do a few more things, the trip was a blast!

I really am blessed to have a spouse with such a wonderful family! Thank you Doug, Natalie, Dexter, Celeste and Taysom for taking such great care of us all weekend and making the trip an extra special one!

The girls on the drive over.

I took pictures of the dam because we sure had time to look at it. Traffic was horrible! We spent over an hour each way trying to get through.

The girls opening their Easter baskets from Grandma & Grandpa Hill.





The girls had so much fun with their Grandma & Grandpa Hill!

Taylor with her uncle Dex.

Taylor with her aunt Celeste.

Taylor with her uncle Taysom.

The boys getting ready for a night on the town! Usually it's the girls in the bathroom getting ready!

Taylor, Taysom, me & Dex walking to Planet Hollywood.

Jordan and his dad walking with the girls.

Eating at the buffet at Planet Hollywood.

Hot tubing at our hotel. I just love the girls matching swimsuits!

Our double stroller is proving to be very useful! It can be a place to sleep, a place to store the things we bought shopping as well as a way to keep the girls bundled up when it was VERY cold!

Shopping at the outlets - we all bought new sunglasses.

Stopping for a quick ride!

Taysom at his football camp - playing QB and safety

Bentley all cozy warm!

Me & my baby girl!

Our family in Las Vegas!

3 Thoughts to share!:

The Mullins said...

Hey too bad you didn't have longer we could have had dinner or something! I love the outlets, I go too much! Next time you are in town let me know, we live pretty close to the Strip.

Grandpa & Grandma Hill said...

We were so thrilled that all of our family could be together too. The older we get the harder this is going to be I'm afraid. It was so good to see you guys and the girls. We love seeing them and just wish it happened more often.
We love you!

Lissa Leigh said...

I am SO jealous! That trip looks like it was way too much fun! I LOVE hot tubbing...and shopping too! Lucky girl! Next time I think I might just have to invite myself:) Anyways, congratulations to Jordan's brother on his achievements. What talent he must have. Good luck to him with his future. Also, love the sunglasses! You are so cute in them!