OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Hill's Water Play Day!

We had play day at our house today and it was time to have some fun in our swimsuits! All the kids looked SO cute in their summer gear - and it is definitely starting to feel like summer here in Arizona! After a nice little rainstorm last week and much cooler weather than we are used to this time of year, it is finally starting to warm up and spend time by the pool!

Taylor has been SO excited all week for the "Water Party at her home!" She would ask me NON STOP - "Are the kids coming over today, Mom?" or "Go swimming yet with the kids, Mom?" Well, today was finally the day! I enjoyed it just as much as the kids did. The moms I get to hang out with are so awesome! It's always a nice break to be able to have adult conversations with women taking on the same things as I am on a daily basis. It was also Jessica's birthday so I just wanted to give her a little birthday shout out! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS!

It was a perfect day to play outside. The kids splashed in the kiddie pool, played on the slip-n-slide (each of them attempting it in their own way - mostly just running across it), and played with the crazy water dog. We filled up on tons of delicious watermelon, pretzels, yummy Popsicles and drank Capri Suns. It was such a fun summer day and reminded me of being a kid myself! I'm so glad that everyone came over and made it such a great time! Thanks everybody for being so wonderful!

My little girl is so grown up!

Bentley playing in a pool for the very first time - now I need to take her to a real swimming pool!

Little Buddies - Talan & Taylor

Taylor & Avery trying out the slip-n-slide.

Sweet Jill encouraging the kids to play with the splashing water dog - they all seemed kind of intimidated by it for some reason.

Avery & Taylor running and playing with the crazy dog. It's ears, tongue and tail would shake and spray water at the same time. I thought it was pretty cute!

Logan playing a little baseball.

Klorissa holding my little Bentley and Kenadee having some fun!

Bentley and Klorissa & Kenadee with Taylor.

Me & my girls playing in the pool.

From Left to Right: Talan, Lily, Kali, Kenadee, Taylor and Avery

The kids enjoying their Popsicles - they are SO cute!

Taking a much needed nap after a big day of playing!

We went to The Taylor's house later that night for cake & ice cream to celebrate Jessica's 29th birthday! It was a lot of fun and Taylor was able to play with a bunch of kids. Here they all are playing in the sandbox!

Tay came home in some of Talan's clothes since her dress was covered in sand from playing so hard. She was very impressed that she got to wear some of Talan's "Nike" basketball shorts. She really likes the Nike swoosh symbol and always tells us when we are wearing Nike. She is too cute and we had a fun day from start to finish!

3 Thoughts to share!:

Jill said...

The pictures are so cute!! Avery wanted to stay so bad and then talked it about it all night. Every time we talk about swimming she finishes with "At Taylor's house!!". Thank you so much for putting on such a fun party. It was awesome and despite my grumpy mood (so sorry!) it was just what I needed. Thanks for making it so much fun.

Andrea Gunnell said...

Sounds like a fun swimming party!

By the way, I have been wondering how your cousin is doing ever since we left the hospital. They were just across from us and we talked to them quite a bit. Tell them hi for me.

Lissa Leigh said...

We had the BEST time at the swimming party. Leave it to the Manutai girls to not be able to leave the snack table though:) My excuse...I'm pregnant! I don't think the girls need an excuse, just look at them! Anyways, it was so good being able to catch up with you guys. The girls had an absolute blast and so did I! By the way, LOVE the new background. I REALLY need your help with mine. You've become quite the pro. I need some tips...badly!!!