OUR LIVES TOGETHER


Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pretty Pink Paint

We finally painted Taylor's room! I have been dying to paint her room again ever since we painted her old room in Mesa. I wouldn't trade our house now for anything, but I sure miss Tay's room from our previous home! It was just SO HER and perfect in every way! I LOVED it! My mom was the master mind behind it all and since she is basically a professional painter it turned out to die for!

We are pretty much rookies in our house when it comes to painting, but I convinced Jordan to help me try to recreate the stripes and I have to admit they didn't turn out half bad. We changed the colors a little bit and the pattern of the stripes, but I am really pleased with how her room has turned out!

We actually finished painting before me and the girls left for Colorado, but Jordan surprised us when we got home by having the chair rail all done! He did a great job, especially for his very first time doing anything like that! I just have a few finishing touches to make, like hang a few things and paint her toy box, but it has turned out to be a darling room for a little girl.........our little girl!

Taylor helping us paint her room.....too bad the hot pink was already dry, we didn't tell her that though!


Jord cutting the pieces for the chair rail.

ALWAYS our little helper!

What a beautiful name!

Tay's Closet

This is where "The Princess" sleeps!

Tay's toys that she plays with everyday and covers her nice clean floor with! Gotta love her!

The kitchen area - NOTE: Taylor told me where she wanted her princess pictures to hang, "In the kitchen, mom!"

The entry to Taylor's pretty pink room!

4 Thoughts to share!:

Jill said...

oh my freaking cute. I'm not even kidding. It is awesome. I'm so impressed!!

Aubree said...

So cute! Love how you guys are always doing little projects. So fun!

Anonymous said...

Megan- the room is so adorable! I love it! You guys did such a great job- Taylor and Bentley are so lucky to have such great parents :)

Lissa Leigh said...

As cute as it is in the pictures, it's even CUTER in person! GREAT JOB!!!